Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fate of leaves and storms

I don't think I ever fully appreciated leaves' entertaining qualities until this morning. Lol.

Ugh I officially hate basketball. Big ball and little target do not work for me. Small ball and little target much better.
I'm too tired to make that sound non-suss. I guess I just have to deal with Rhod's over-actively suss mind ...
XD
You can tell that a lot of the girls there today play(ed) netball. You really can.

I finally got 'Fate' (Jennifer Lynn Barnes) yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
I totally love it. I can hardly put it down - I NEED to know what on Earth (or in Otherworld/Nexus, lol) is going on.
How on Earth does Jennifer get such good stories?

Ugh. I need to learn not to jump ahead. I think that's one lesson that'll never sink in though XD

I never realised how hard song-writing was til now. For music, we have to write a pop song ... and I can come up with music and lyrics and stuff ... but it ain't pop, it's definitely ALTERNATIVE. Cos I listen to so much of it XD
But seriously, come ON. So much pop music is really boring and ... shallow. Not much meaning, especially trying to apply it to reality.
Ah well. At least we're off baroque now ... that wasn't the best of things to be studying. I hate Handel. And harpsichords. We should've been able to listen to more of Toccata in D Minor, Bach. That's that horror movie-y one.

Storms and Fevers - The Grates
Kick the shepherd, I'll bite the lion, yeah,
I don't need no one to guide me, I've been doing this alone.
Out the back of my old house, I'm lighting fires standing aways,
What a way to lift a weight.

Lately, I've been needing your help badly,
Lately, I need someone to walk me home,
Lately all I get is storms and fevers,
Lately I feel lost, I feel lost, cause.

You earn the big bucks, your hands are all cash,
While I'm just sweating and drowning in my bad luck looking for a hopeless grasp.
You and your wish list, self made on self pride,
I feel like everything I ever did and every little thing ain't ever worked out right.

Lately I've been needing your help badly,
Lately, I need someone to walk me home,
Lately, all I get is storms and fevers,
Lately I feel lost, I feel lost, cause.

Wait wait, this feeling ain't gonna wait.

Kick the shepherd, I'll bite the lion yeah,
I don't need no one to guide me, I've been doing this alone.
Out the back of my old house, I'm lighting fires standing aways,
What a way to lift a weight, what a way to lift a weight.

South of the border you're a spinning wheel,
All hands shake but some of them steal,
Each to their own so what have you got,
Time doesn't change when you gonna stop?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love The Grates!
^______^

And I hate basketball too. I prefer netball. /lame

Miss Girl said...

hehe balls and targets

Sonja said...

netball ... is even WORSE
lol
(hockey all the way)

i knew u would, rhod ...
*sigh*