Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Be prepared for a LONG read

D= Schoolwork has kept me pretty busy lately ...
And now I'm obsessing over my music exam that's on Friday. There's SO MUCH in it. I have to remember heaps key / scale / modulation stuff, baroque dates / features / composers & compositions, intervals (which I'm not SO obsessing about cos of how MUCH we've done them) ... Honestly I have a whole page of what's in it!

Hmmmmm ... things have been rather ... rollercoastery ... for me lately. Just things happening here there and everywhere, and people either not understanding or refusing to understand or maybe it's the same thing about listening.

Lily is going out with someone. AGAIN.
Somethimes I worry about her. Especially with how she was about Shaun after they broke up. I don't like to see my friends hurt.
Which brings me on to how I worry about other friends too ...
Look, I try not to worry, and it works, to a certain extent. I certainly don't worry as much as I could. But it's human nature.
Anyway, it was quite a shock, who Lily is going out with. AND SHE HAD NEVER TOLD ME. :C

O_O I had to play OzTag today. I suck at OzTag. I just CAN'T tag people. I'm too afraid to injure my hand further. Cos it still hasn't healed and I guess I'm just gonna have to accept the fact that it never will.
At least I can still use it for what matters - hockey, writing and drawing.
O_O Even worse I had DANCE in PE today.
!!!!!!!!
I can't dance to save my LIFE. And what's worse is that I'd missed the last lesson - doctor's appointment - so I didn't know the dance we were doing so I had to learn it as we added MORE steps to it.

I'm writing a song at the moment. XD I just need to get to Dad's electric guitar. And that won't happen til ... til ... til ...
Ummmm I don't have much free time Tuesday first week of holidays. But even then Mum probably won't let me. So that makes it ... in two Saturdays' time ... O_O
Uh ... right ...
I have ideas and stuff anyway, so I'll deal ...
I have the lyrics and the music for that done. I like the lyrics XD and I've gotten some good feedback on them so I may as well write them up on here.
Don't Know What To Say

V1. You try not to look around
You try not to remember
How on Earth you got here
‘Cause the memories, they still sear
Close your eyes but the visions burn
Away from everything you try to turn
But the current is too strong and swift
You are too weak and you start to drift

CH. And now you run away ...
And now you run away ...
And now you run away
And you are deaf to our pleas for you to stay
We love you so much more than you know
What makes you so keen to go?
We watch you run away ...
And don’t know what to say

V2. You’re too far out and all alone
Made your heart walls of stone
Nothing should hurt you anymore
But why do you still feel sore?
Escape the pain equals lose yourself
But there’s a greater need to find yourself
Too many problems but no solutions
This conflict is one great contusion

CH. And now you run away ...
And now you run away ...
And now you run away
And you are deaf to our pleas for you to stay
We love you so much more than you know
What makes you so keen to go?
We watch you run away ...
And don’t know what to say

BR. Yes, you’re under attack
Yes, you’re copping mass flak
But if you would just come back!
...
I’m sure there’s something we could do
Something we could do to save you
If you would just come back
We can help save you

CH. And now you run away ...
And now you run away ...
And now you run away
And you are deaf to our pleas for you to stay
We love you so much more than you know
What makes you so keen to go?
We watch you run away ...
And don’t know what to say

Wow, heaps long and there was more I was gonna write, except I forget what it was XD
So see ya, I guess

2 comments:

Stuchy said...

Was that song written for any reason?
It is so appropriate for our situation atm

Cya later :D

lol the word verification thingy is 'sistes'

Sonja said...

I wrote the song to express how I was - am still - feeling. About me, about others ...
Which is part of why it's so appropriate ...

Lol. I have had some of the FUNNIEST word verifications. Like once it was 'pantless'. I'm dead serious.