Sunday, January 11, 2009

BOO! (lol)

These holidays are SERIOUSLY frustrating me.
1) Not much to do in them
2) Get stuck with immediate family too much
3) Going back to school means seeing most of my friends each day, and I have stuff to do, but there are things about school I really don't like
4) I can't remember what the day and date is, and feel so damn disoriented. Also have much less reason to want to get out of bed, which adds to the disorientation.
5, 6, 7 ... ) etc ...
*sigh*

Anyway on Friday I started my rag quilt. I got some seriously sparky material, and made sure I got clashing colours - GOTTA have that :) And Mado had some pretty good material too so I'll be scabbing off her (it's not as if we bought it all or anything, Grandma provided it all and it's all old scrap stuff). But Kat ... someone HAS to teach her to make better fabric choices! Ewwwwwww ...

Here's a really sad song. It's part of the Wicked soundtrack (which is wicked, btw :P):
I'm Not That Girl

Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl
Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl
Every so often we long to steal
To the land of what might have been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in
Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him
Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose
And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl:
Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl

Another awesome one from the Wicked soundtrack is What Is This Feeling, but that one's easier to hear than read :( But oh, I lol at it every time.

Anyway, so Twilight ... for a movie adaptation of such a long and complicated book, it was REALLY well done. And I just love the vampire baseball part. They chose the best song for that part too :D
LOL ... my uncle Gideon went to see Twilight a while ago with some of his friends, but didn't like it too much. Now he's gone and asked my aunt Chris for the book. WHA?? Go figure.

ARGH the sound system went on the blink :"""C
Well I'm nearly done anyway so ...
Bad buy
(I'm terrible, aren't I?)

1 comment:

Miss Girl said...

I can relate to the loosing track of the date thing. but my mum got me this awesome prezzie! Its a 'Make-A-Plane-A-Day' calender. Paper planes, btw. So most of the time I know the date.