Saturday, December 20, 2008

Twilight, Songs and Movies

I am totally and utterly SICK of anti-Twilighters bringing Stephenie Meyer being a Mormon into their anti-Twilight rants. One, I am a Mormon. Two, going against someone because of their religion is DESPICABLE, and in Australia it is AGAINST THE LAW.
So those anti-Twilighters out there, I don't care that you don't like Twilight. But if you bring religion into this ...

Is anyone watching Event Horizon? It's quite an interesting movie.
(It's on TV at the moment, Prime I think)

Hello, Evanescence
Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no-one told you she's not breathing
Hello
I am your mind
Giving you someone to talk to
Hello
If I smile and don't believe
Soon I know I'll wake from this dream
Don't try to fix me
I'm not broken
Hello
I am the lie
Living for you so you can hide
Don't cry
Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
Hello
I'm still here
All that's left of yesterday

Kristy, Are You Doing OK?, The Offspring
There's a moment in time
And it's stuck in my mind
Way back when we were just kids
Cos your eyes told a tale
Of an act of betrayal
I knew that somebody did
Oh wings of time seem to
Wash away the scenes of our crimes
For you this never ends
Can you stay strong?
Can you go on?
Kristy, are you doing ok?
A rose that won't bloom
Winter's kept you
Don't waste your whole life trying
To get back what was taken away
Though the marks on your dress
Had been neatly repressed
I knew that something was wrong
And I should've spoke out
And I'm so sorry now
I didn't know cos we were so young
Oh clouds of time seem to
Rain on innocence left behind
It never goes away
Can you stay strong?
Can you go on?
Kristy, are you doing ok?
A rose that won't bloom
Winter's kept you
Don't waste your whole life trying
To get back what was taken away

Cath ... , Death Cab For Cutie
Cath...
She stands with a well intentioned man
But she can't relax with his hands on the small of her back
As the flashbulbs burst she holds a smile
Like someone would hold a crying child
Soon everybody will ask what became of you
Your heart was dying fast and you didn't know what to do
Cath...
It seems that you live in someone else's dream
In a hand-me-down wedding dress
With the things that could have been are repressed
But you said your vows and you closed the door
On so many men who would have loved you more
Soon everybody will ask what became of you
Your heart was dying fast and you didn't know what to do
The whispers that it won't last roll up and down the pews
And if our hearts were dying that fast, they would have done the same as you
I'd have done the same as you

Just some songs that have stuck out to me in recent times.
The Offspring one is totally different to the style they used to have. They've mellowed up a bit :)
Actually there's another Offspring one that's stuck out:

(Can't Get My) Head Around You, The Offspring
Deep inside your soul there's a hole you don't wanna see
Every single day what you say makes no sense to me
Even though I try I can't get my head around you
Somewhere in the night there's a light in front of me
Heaven up above with a shove, I beg it's me
Even though I try I fall in the river of you
You've managed to bring me down too
All your faking (Get up,Get up,Get up, Get up)
Shows you're aching (Get up, Get up, Get up)
Every single day what you say makes no sense to me
Lettin' you inside isn't right, you'll mess with me
I'll never really know what's really going on inside you
I Can't get my head around you
All your feeling (Get up,Get up,Get up,Get up)
Shows you're breathing (Get up, Get up, Get up)
Deep inside your soul there's a hole you don't wanna see
Covering it up like a cut with the likes of me
You know I've really tried, I can't do any more about you
(Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah) The cut's getting deeper
(Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah) The hill's getting steeper.
I guess I'll never know what's really going on inside you
I can't get my head around you
I can't get my head around you
I can't get my head around you
I can't get my head around you

Anyways, that ends the song stuff tonight.

I'm off to watch a movie. Not tired. G'night.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Yay Twilight.
=]

Aidan said...

Stephanie Meyer is a hoe.
Stephanie Meyer is an American hoe.
Stephanie Meyer is a 34-year-old American hoe.
Stephanie Meyer is a 34-year-old Mormon American hoe.
Stephanie Meyer is a 34-year-old Mormon American hoe from Conneticut.

What does this tell us? Stephanie Meyer is a hoe, Mormon or not. (:

What is Mormonism? I don't understand the difference between the LDS Church and other Protestant Churches.

LOL if you rearrange LDS you get LSD. Therefore, Mormons are awesome.

Especially Sonja. (:

Sonja said...

I don't really get the difference between Mormonism and other churches either Aidan.
Lol. I love playing on LDS and LSD.

JuLi-ElLe said...

Aiden, how many of your novels have made the New York Times bestsellers list? None, well then how many of your novels have people actually read? Well maybe a better question would be, how many novels have you written? None you say? Then shut up.

Why is it you feel so angry at her that you write terrible things about her? Did she repossess your car or foreclose on your house? Did she run away with your wife? I'm wondering exactly why you have to be so rude. Maybe she doesn't like you either. Oh, you don't care what she thinks about you? I think you never learned your lesson growing up. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

No one should care about her personal life. What she does is her choice. Just like it was your choice to be an inconsiderate ass and call people names. Do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Maybe you should fill your free time reading some of her books.

Twilight and it's sister books are a beautiful love story written with mystery and magic. I can't remember the last time a novel captivated me so. These books (and their author) are definitely going to be in my top 5 for life. I hope you can bring yourself to like them, too.

Aidan said...

I can dislike anything as readily as I feel.

Who are you to judge?

And I was saying that, merely to demonstrate to Sonja that I don't despise Miss So-Called Meyer because she's a Mormon.

Twilight is drivel.

However, you may believe what you like. You think it's a "beautiful love story written with mystery and magic" and I think it is mindless drivel written by an untalented woman with a good idea.

Also, I have read the books; I'm informed, not just ignorantly complaining.

Also, you calling me an inconsiderate ass doesn't help your case. That's name calling too, you know.

My excuse is that I'm a bitter teenager who's lost hope for the good of the world.

Also, you spelt my name wrong. But, because you blog, and are therefore awesome, I forgive you.

You have a daughter. The moment she was born stripped you of understanding for teenagers. I hope in ten years, you understand.

Aidan said...

Also,
"I think you never learned your lesson growing up." What is that about?!

You're lucky you didn't say that to me in person, my mother would have slapped you.

You are the rude one, and you should be ashamed of yourself. I am at least ten years younger than you. You have no authority over me.

Back

off.

William Kostakis said...

No need to call Steph M. a "hoe" (garden tool, btw, the one one you meant doesn't have the E :P). But look, no matter how much I hate Twilight, am jealous/astounded/bitter of its success, as much as I think Steph's writing is horrible, as much as I think she panders to the expectations of a male-female relationship from the Dark Ages, as much as I think she completely ignores the rich vampire lore that has come before her books, that doesn't make her a garden tool. What does it make her?

Simple: A writer I dislike vehemently who panders to the expectations of a male-female relationship from the Dark Ages and ignores the traditional rich vampire lore whose success I'm slightly jealous of, astounded by, and bitter about.

Name-calling is just as annoying as taking someone's personal beliefs into account when making comments about their writing. Honestly, there's more than enough anti-Twilight material that can be found in the books themselves, let's not get personal / mean.

Rant over. How's things?

Aidan said...

Mr WKost, when I say hoe, I mean the tool.

(:

I feel the same way you do. I'm bitter and cruel so I express it by calling her a hoe.

Yay.

William Kostakis said...

put it cheapens your / our argument. we say "the hoe is a crap writer" and they say, "DON'T YOU CALL HER A HOE!" = stale mate. we say "she is a crap writer", and unless they can protest us calling her a she, then... WE WIN!

William Kostakis said...

"but" not "put". whoops.