Saturday, November 22, 2008

Last Sombre Note

What I am doing at the moment: listening alternately to 'Addicted' by Behind Crimson Eyes and 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' by Short Stack, trying to block out my thoughts of today, trying to calm down ...
I'm afraid today was NOT the best of days. Unfortunately that seems to be happening a lot these days, no matter how much I try not to let anything work me up.

I just realised how many bands I like come from Melbourne. It's really weird.

"I hope you drop dead gorgeous
I hope you drop dead anyway!"
Lol, that song is so funny.

I'm sorry guys, I know I go on about songs heaps. But I like my music. And it's so easy to relate to - even more so than books. I think that's because music more truly reflects what life can be like, and in a more stirring way. Whereas books are only words on a page. Music has words, sound, layers ...
Anyway, enough of the philosophy. I do that enough without having to plague others about it.

"All your faking
Shows you're breaking"
So true ... :(

The Rogue Trader song 'What Your On' ... I seem to be understanding that now. I always thought WTH????!!!! when I heard it ... but something's changed, and it makes so much sense. And to think it's so sad and I never realised ...

Yeah yeah yeah I'm bashing myself today. But I deserve it. I told myself I'd do something, something really important for me, and I didn't, couldn't, wouldn't do it ... whichever it was. And what hurts more is that at odd times I try to justify it. There is no justification for failing myself.

And on that sombre note, I leave.

No comments: